Any chance a 450w electric scooter won’t go as far as a 250w electric scooter? How is a 450w any better if doesn’t give more distance?

I bought a used BladeZ XTR-S 450w electric scooter off eBay but seller knows nothing about it/he got from auction strictly for resell. I’m not sure if it has one 12v battery or two 12 volt batteries.. is there any way a 450w electric scooter could be worse than 250w. How why etc I need info. Thank you

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

450W refers to the power output. More is obviously better particularly if you like pies and going uphill. But it doesn't come free. It will have less range than a 250W per given battery size, or it needs to carry more battery (size and weight) to get the same range. But.. power!!!

• 5 months ago

Watts is the maximum current the motor can draw. If you accelerate faster or ride at a faster speed the efficiency normally decreases. If the larger powered scooter has the same size battery as a lower power it will drain faster.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It is a motorized kick-scooter.

It is designed to do 15 mph.

It is designed to do a maximum of 12 miles. Full speed reduces how far you can go.

Batteries lose capacity over years. Old batteries will give far less miles per charge.

• Dimo
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

The wattage can give more speed. Distance depends on the battery. You can go to Battery Mart to find batteries that fit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.