do I babysit my son's girfriend's 4 yr old if hes not potty trained?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This is very sad.This four year old boy looks destined to be going to school still in nappies. This is becoming a major problem for schools with teachers being expected to toilet-train four and five year old children because the parents didn't do so.

I suggest you not only refuse to babysit, but have a word with your son about his choice of girlfriend. Is your son really so desperate that the only woman he can find is a single mother? Why does he want to be stuck with helping bring up some other guy's kid?

• ...Show all comments
    • Funnelweb
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Yours is an uncommon situation, you certainly tried. But there are many parents who aren't trying, such as the one in this question, and who leave it to the schools to sort out.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you want to babysit, do so. If not, you say no. As a parent I would assume you do know how to change a diaper, so that should not be a factor in the decision.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I would not. A 4 year old should bevpotty trained. He's probably a spoiled brat.

• Anon6 months agoReport

Poor little boy. Not his fault his parents can’t be bothered to potty train him. He’s only been on the earth 4 years. I don’t think it’s HIS fault!

• Robert
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Depends. Do you have nice furniture? Plastic covers?

• ISABEL6 months agoReport

He has a 2 month baby with her and she wants to go back to work because she's tired of taking care of 2 kids. I just don't want to mess with the poppy of a 4 year old that does not want to talk or listen to any thing.I could not even try to potty train him,because he doesn't listen to anyone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Thank you,my Son says that she is lazy,but I know mothers with 3 kids that potty train them successfully at 2

• marty
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I wouldn't. I made that clear to all 7 of my kids, grandpa only babysit kids who go potty by themselves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.