What are the circumstances of a newborn baby being placed into foster care when they’re born.?

I was watching a YouTube channel (crazy middles) and they said that their youngest child was fostered by there when he was 1/2 days old and he was with them for a couple months and was returned to his biological parents. Later on, they were informed that the same baby was in care again and was place and adopted by... show more I was watching a YouTube channel (crazy middles) and they said that their youngest child was fostered by there when he was 1/2 days old and he was with them for a couple months and was returned to his biological parents. Later on, they were informed that the same baby was in care again and was place and adopted by them. I wanted to know the circumstances of how newborns are placed into care