Are there laws against hair color in a work place?

I know there’s dress code, but I applied for a job at seabreeze (a small amusement park) and I recently dyed my hair. I got 2 interviews which means I had a good chance of getting the job. My hair was short, mostly dark purple with some blue streaks. They said I looked like a mermaid and would have to dye my hair... show more I know there’s dress code, but I applied for a job at seabreeze (a small amusement park) and I recently dyed my hair. I got 2 interviews which means I had a good chance of getting the job. My hair was short, mostly dark purple with some blue streaks. They said I looked like a mermaid and would have to dye my hair back to a natural color if I wanted to work there. Everyone I talked too said that was crazy! What place that hires teens (everyone dyes their hair crazy colors) would have a dress code against hair? I checked online and didn’t see anything like that in their dress code. I’m pretty sure they give us a hat to wear as part of the outfit, which would of covered most my hair anyways. But I’m just wondering if a lot of jobs will regect me because of my hair.
13 answers 13