How should I deal with this coworker?

I m working a summer job as an Electrical Technician s helper. The guy who I m partnered with is moody with me but everyone thinks he's so nice because he's putting on a show for them. I feel like I m a hard worker. I admit to being tired from having to get up at 6am but I always do my best and ask lots of... show more I m working a summer job as an Electrical Technician s helper. The guy who I m partnered with is moody with me but everyone thinks he's so nice because he's putting on a show for them. I feel like I m a hard worker. I admit to being tired from having to get up at 6am but I always do my best and ask lots of questions so I can learn about the electrical side of the job.

He started calling me Garfield the other day which I assume means he thinks I m lazy since that s Garfield s whole character. Then he called me a "f u c k head" in front of one of the office ladies. She laughed but I was so shocked that I called him one right back. He laughed and said I was going to go to HR on him now. I then spoke to him in private about it and he said he was only joking. I asked if he was saying I was lazy and he said no and blabbed on and on about some bs. I realize that tradesmen are rough around the edges but how much do I put up with? And when should I say something to the supervisor? I know you're not supposed to throw people under the bus but how much does one tolerate for work??