Shaine
Shaine asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

How should I deal with this coworker?

I m working a summer job as an Electrical Technician s helper. The guy who I m partnered with is moody with me but everyone thinks he's so nice because he's putting on a show for them. I feel like I m a hard worker. I admit to being tired from having to get up at 6am but I always do my best and ask lots of questions so I can learn about the electrical side of the job.

He started calling me Garfield the other day which I assume means he thinks I m lazy since that s Garfield s whole character. Then he called me a "f u c k head" in front of one of the office ladies. She laughed but I was so shocked that I called him one right back. He laughed and said I was going to go to HR on him now. I then spoke to him in private about it and he said he was only joking. I asked if he was saying I was lazy and he said no and blabbed on and on about some bs. I realize that tradesmen are rough around the edges but how much do I put up with? And when should I say something to the supervisor? I know you're not supposed to throw people under the bus but how much does one tolerate for work??

If yôu ťruly can not deal with him

I'd speak to your superior abou it

but oherwise try your bes to hang

as is!

i would talk to your rnanager about it

You deal with it. Yes, all tradesman is like that. Makes your skin thick. By reporting him to HR is only going to make matters worst for you. Most tradesman JOKE if they like you. So suck it up Buttercup.