Linda asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 12 months ago

If I have a drug program while on Medicare, Can I use the GoodRx card rather than go through Cigna?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • lucy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

https://support.goodrx.com/hc/en-us/articles/11500...

You can use a GoodRx discount instead of your prescription insurance or Medicare if the cost is lower. However, GoodRx cannot be combined with your insurance or any federal or state-funded program such as Medicare or Medicaid. GoodRx is not insurance.

So, yes but can't use (both). So, like the article states, if goodrx is cheaper than your insurance co-pay, then you have to tell the pharmacist to (not) put in your insurance.

Years ago, a friend complained that she found a RX for $4, but her Part D was $10 copay. So instead of paying $10, then had pharmacist put in as (cash), thus paid only $4.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

You have to pay cash with GoodRX unless they will accept your Cigna drug plan.

• 12 months ago

Yes, yes you can.

• Zarnev
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Yes, you can use GoodRx instead of your Medicare coverage.

I do find GoodRx has good prices compared to some Part D coverage but usually you'll be able to find a drug plan that'll be better. You should check into changing plans when you get the option.

Source(s): Independent Ägent
    • ...Show all comments
    • Zarnev
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

It's too bad that the part D plans in your area are never better, in my area they often are. Also, the $12 - $25 plans are usually better for most people than the more expensive plans.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

Yes.

As long as the coupon you are using says that it can't be used if you have other coverage.

• anonymous12 months agoReport

I've never seen with GoodRX where it says it can't be used if you have other coverage. I'm glad it doesn't. I think they're great, and also very helpful if you call them. No charge even to help you get the pharmacy to accept the coupons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.