Why did this guy who was gay ask me out on a date?

I went out with this guy the other night, and I knew him a little from my old university. When he got there, I knew he walked a little camp. He told me he had spent the night before at a gay bar with his flatmate and a guy was hitting on him and slapping his bum. He also told me that a gay guy told him that he... show more I went out with this guy the other night, and I knew him a little from my old university. When he got there, I knew he walked a little camp. He told me he had spent the night before at a gay bar with his flatmate and a guy was hitting on him and slapping his bum. He also told me that a gay guy told him that he found him attractive and that he was the guy guys ‘type’

He did tell me that he wasn’t gay though, even though his friends had all said he was gay. He said he wouldn’t have asked me out on a date if he wasn’t gay.

During the end of the night we made out and he kept grabbing my boobs and touching my leg. He invited me over to his place too but I didn’t accept.

I don’t get it though because he told me he had gone to a gay bar the night before. Why is he trying to date me?