Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 6 months ago

Can I get STD tested 2 weeks after unprotected sex?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Your suppost to get tested once a yr if your sexually active, I would wait at least a month, then go get tested but I do think whether you waited 2 weeks, or a month the results would be the same

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Yes. If you have an STD its presence will be very present in your blood. Get tested, and get treated if you have an STD.

• You can but you may not get a reliable result.

You should wait at least 3-6 weeks to get tested.

• 6 months ago

STD's fall into two categories, like any infection- bacterial or viral. The bacterial ones, like gonorrhea and chlamydia are easily remedied and cured with antibiotics and you usually get the symptoms quickly enough to not even get tested, more like you have it, you go in, get it checked out, get it situated.

The viral ones are a bit more tricky and most likely wouldn't even show up on any tests, if you choose to get tested now. Viral STD's could take months to manifest themselves, sometimes even years. The viral ones like to bury themselves in your system and can remain hidden for a good, long time. Did you know that herpes doesn't show up? And that the average time for HIV to show up on any tests is about 3 years? Yeah, people with HIV had it for THREE YEARS before it showed up on any tests.

So get tested if you want, but don't be surprised if nothing shows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

that would be a huge no

• Bee V2
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Yes sounds like a good idea. Good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.