Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 6 months ago

I'm obsessed with cartoon characters. Does this make me insane?

I'm in my early 20s and I have an extreme obsession with cartoon characters (like Baloo from The Jungle Book, Genie from Aladdin, Yogi Bear, Pumbaa from The Lion King, Danger Mouse and his sidekick Penfold, Mighty Mouse and his nemesis Oil Can Harry, Timothy from Dumbo, Jiminy Cricket from Pinocchio, Robin Hood and Little John, Olaf from Frozen, Mickey Mouse, Foghorn Leghorn from Looney Tunes, Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear from Song of the South, etc.) It turns out that I'm so obsessed with them, I have their pictures all over my things. I even have plushes of them that I'm obsessed with) Many people think I'm crazy and they often tell me to grow up, quit cartoons, and start acting serious. That only causes me to rage. I cannot and will not give them up! I've been this way since I was 7. Please don't say anything rude. One reason why I'm so obsessed with them is because they are so funny and do silly things. If they were real, I would totally be best friends with them! I know people my age tend to grow out of this kind of stuff, but every time I see these characters I can't resist but to just stare at them. Just tell me does this make me crazy or something? And what am I going to do?

Maybe, but honestly. How can anyone honestly do a profile on you by never have meeting you? Unless they seriously stalked you and likely created some shrine with personal items. They'd be their insane in their own way.

You haven't described how obsessed you be, but again. One has to understand your obsession to have a grasp on answering questions for a character profile. Half awake as I answer this... Stuff!

Since your list seems to be all boys,(at-least the ones I read. to many to read each one) I am going to assume your a girl.

I prefer the girl characters, like Asuna from SAO, Mimosa from Black Clover, Orihime from Bleach, Sunni Gummi from Gummi Bears, Gadget from Rescue Rangers, Princess Sally Acorn from Sonic The Hedgehog, and Rebecca Cunningham from Tailspins.

I do not have any pics or posters of them, but when I recall those shows, those are the characters I think of the most.

I love cartoons, anime manga, dc, all that. But you sound nuts.

Well kids are the target audience for most toons. However they design some kids' cartoons to attract older audiences.

I hope you aren't idolizing these characters.

• Diana

Since I'm a fan of some of the characters on your list, I don't see anything wrong with your tastes. You should consider working for the comic book companies that publish them today. The most recent one to do Mighty Mouse was Dynamite Comics.

People tend to collect things and have fave movie characters. Disney is something all ages enjoy, So no, does not make you crazy. I saw that Mr. Peanut was jokingly running for president, and I would much rather have Mr Peanut as president than some of the real, violent psycho presidents. Some of those Disney characters you can probably make thousands of dollars with, always increasing in value. Just like some collect baseball cards or Pokemon, not crazy at all.

No. I too am like you. But look at it this way also ; who reads the political satires in the newspapers ? The kids ? Cartoons are for everyone. Even the people who draw, write, animate, color, etc. them.

A lot depends on whether you have a life other than the one with your animated friends. I'm 65 and I still enjoy a good cartoon, but I have raised an amazing family and retired after 37 years in the same job.

why not make some money off your interests? Instead of buying a single figure, buy multiples and sell the extras at local comic book shows. I can tell you where to find them wholesale if you are interested. (And no, I will not make any money from your purchases)

No. You are fine. I am way older then you and I do the same thing with my fav. Cartoons. Just be you. 😊