Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 months ago

would i be able to work in this care home?

I have a caution for ABH (assault) from age 16 and two recent convictions for theft and knife possession aged 19 - got suspended sentence (8 months). I’m 21 now and did nothing wrong since then

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best Answer

Not a chance. You have convictions for relevant crimes. You're a thief and you carry a knife.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Probably not. They will require an enhanced DBS disclosure, it will all show up on that, and then it's up to the care home what they make of it. A disclosure is only a disclosure and then it's up to the employer - it's only an actual ban if you show up on the Vulnerable Adults Barred List, which you won't without having committed a sex offence.

Having been on the national committee of a charity that ran care homes, what I would be most worried about here is the theft. Then the ABH and the fact that you think it's normal to carry a knife would add to the worries. I can't speak for anyone else but I'd say no when we could get other people with no criminal record.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You cannot work in a care home with a criminal record.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Far too simplistic an answer. Clearly you don't actually know.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No chance. An enhanced DBS will show your convictions.

UK.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Theft and carrying a knife, come on Clive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

UK: Care Homes do advanced background checks so all and anything they will see, so don't apply and not tell them about your history........ then it depends on the employer and the contact you have, it is unlikely they will take you on

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

There is no such thing as an "advanced check".

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Because you were older than 18 for the two most recent convictions, it will likely show on your record. Your record is cleared when you are 18. You can go ahead and try, but don't be surprised if you are denied.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

It is not cleared when you are 18. If you're going to quote a link, make sure you actually understand it. Which you don't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.