Were you one of the estimated 600 million viewing audience watching Neil Armstrong walking on the moon?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I was 6 years old, the landing happened at about 1:00PM on the east coast of Australia. All school lessons were suspended for the moon landing, since they had no idea what time the actual moon walk would be we had to watch for hours and hours. For a 6 year old who was too young to understand the significance it was the most dreadfully boring day of my life, I really do not remember anything but obediently sitting quietly on the floor for hours, I may have dozed off by the time Neil Armstrong did his gig.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Yes, very much so.

• 7 months ago

No. I wasn't even born yet.

• 7 months ago

Yes, and I was lucky enough to view it through a high power telescope. So I actually saw them on the moon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I stayed up all night to watch Alan Shepherd go into space, by the time Apollo missions began, I was working on the project.

Yea, I made bits and pieces of the Apollo heat shields.

I watched every Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo mission,,missed a few STS missions, but have videos of ISS construction.

• John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

In Houston, my father helped build it and was working at MSC (Mission Control) at the time. An engineer, not on TV.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes indeed I was......

• Joan H
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Yes. I am old enough that I was in Indianapolis on business that night and watched it on live TV in my hotel room.

• 7 months ago

Yup... at my gramma's, as she had a color TV... as it turns out, we didn't need a color TV to see the images from the moon.

• 7 months ago

Yes, I was 11!!

• 7 months ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.