Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

What if there wasnt a word limit on yahoo answers?

Favorite Answer

Brainless idiots would post long winded rants, just to mess with the site.

Like the troll who constantly posted the long answer about the devil and 666 and Revelations, Illuminati and aliens, and how Jesus will come and settle it all.......and just total rubbish.

Trolls would post the encyclopedia just to screw up the servers.

• Daniel

Then people would Post Questions that would be to Long and people would lose Interest and people would complain about not getting any Answers

and People that Post Answers if there was no Minimum Character Requirement people would be able to Abuse the System and Point game

• .

Technically there isn't one one of significance. I mean, you have a limit for your original question, but then you can add MANY updates. As for answers, I've seen some super long ones and never heard or read of a word limit. The issue with looong questions or answers is that a lot of people won't bother to read them.

Very few knowledge seeking questions or questions seeking to take advantage of other people's experience, need to be novels. In fact, probably none do. Same goes for answers. It's not necessary to write super long answers, although I've been guilty of getting pretty wordy myself (not super long answers though).

Short answer to your question - with no word limit, most people would do what they already do, skip those questions/answers or only read the first line or so and respond to that.

• LAN

Then certain brainless idiots would try to post an entire novel instead of a to the point question.

• Ben

I can ask and answer questions however I want to.

I would not read it. I do not want to read a story. I want a simple question.

• Sky

If there wasn't a word limit, for the stupid and trolling questions, I'd be answering with the entire contents of War & Peace. That way any time they want to see their new answers to their stupid and trolling questions, they'll have to download about 4 MB of text.