what do you think about naming my two daughters athena and galatea?

i mean they arent even born yet and im only 20 but im already thinking ahead and want 2 daughters and i want to name them that what do you guys think

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Better names would be Urinea and Vageena.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

You are young, aren't you? Just because you want two daughters doesn't mean you will get it.

• Naomi
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Athena's a nice name, but Galatea is a bit too out there. It also seems like it would be difficult for the kid and others to spell and/or pronounce.

How about Athena and Artemis?

• 6 months ago

Not names I'd choose, but fine anyway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Athena is good, but Galatea is not. Maybe consider Gaia, Diana or Echo instead.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I think Athena's great, but maybe change Galatea into something a little more common and speakable. Maybe try Hera, the queen of all the gods or Artemis, goddess of wildlife. Or a completely different name, I don't know, up to you.

• 6 months ago

Yeah!!!! Great!!! Two great Classical Greek names.

Athena ; the Goddess was associated with wisdom , hadicrfts and warfare(protection of the Greek City states) .

Galatea ; from Classical Greece meaning ' she who is milk-white'.

• Anonymous6 months agoReport

yeah im half greek so i thought i would use those names for my future daughters if i do have daughters

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Awful, absolutely awful names.

What about Arina and Gladia?

• ...Show all comments
    • John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Very classical, but some people might tease the girls because the names feel rather "upper-class". There is no guarantee that you will conceive daughters, so you will have to adopt if you cannot bear the idea of boy babies. No, really, absolutely no guarantee. You could abort all boys, I suppose.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It sounds like you're inventing characters for a remake of the original Battlestar Galactica. I don't know if your question is genuine or just full of sh!t, but when you are trying to come up with names for your new or future children, you absolutely have to put yourself in their shoes and think of those names from their future point of view. When you assign a name, he/she is going to have to put up with that name, and any ridicule, disrespect, harassment, stress, and depression that comes with it, for the rest of his/her life unless they go get it legally changed in court. You have to also think from the mindset of a gradeschooler to see how that name might be made fun of, and also from the mindset of a future employer seeing that name on a resumé. There are thousands of perfectly fine regular names out there to choose from. Don't go with names that lost popularity in a year that ends with B.C. You can name your dog or cat with whatever crazy crap you want, but don't name your kid with a crazy crap name.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

That's fine, but you DO know that you can't order babies' gender "on demand" yet, right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.