Extreme Rules isn't very...extreme, so why keep doing them?

As a show this was good but what bothered me was that it was called EXTREME RULES. I knew it will happen before the show started but what extreme actually happened on this show? The opening no holds barred match had no weapons involved and was a normal tag math. The LMS while good again had no weapons involved and the big spot was a few feet. The last match at least introduced weapons and table bumps but nothing over the top. The Monsters ball from Impact featuring the knockouts had 10x more violence than this show. Why promote a show as Extreme Rules if nothing extreme happens? It felt like a regular good PPV with a few stips involved.

Right it wasn’t ECW level extreme in that all matches used weapons were bloody and had no DQ more like watered down extreme event with Kendo Sticks garbage cans ... some extreme elements. I thought it was one of the better PPVs of the year honestly

I thought the show was horrifying and scary. I hope they go back to tv pg very soon

NOT WWE'S FAULT YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND IT

• It is kind of redundant when you also have "Hell In A Cell", "The Elimination Chamber", "Tables, Ladders and Chairs". However, WWE is running almost 20 Pay Per Views a year now, so you have to give it a name.

• Candle

I think they're trying to capitalize off of a buzz word that's at least 20 years dead. I didn't expect much from the show on an 'extreme' level, and honestly got more than I thought I would. However, I do question whether you watched the show or not. Shane Van Terminatored a trash can into Roman's face and hit a flying elbow drop to the outside announce table on The Undertaker, so weapons and 'extreme' moments were involved in that match. Last Man Standing matches hold no promises of weapons, although I did think Braun and Lashley did plenty to make their match go beyond a regular singles encounter. The spear through the barricade was pretty good, and the suplex into the merch wall looked gnarly. The finish was a little hokey, but outside of that it was a good match that lived up to it's stipulation. Baron Corbin hit an End of Days on Becky Lynch, which is pretty well within the mentality of the ECW ghost the WWE's trying to evoke, and definitely uncommon in this day and age.

Was it Moxley vs Janela levels of violence? no, but it was never going to be. If you don't know what to expect from WWE's brand of 'extreme' by now, I can't really fault them for your disappointment, especially considering how disaffected and banal you seem about some of the bigger spots of the show that you didn't even bother to acknowledge. This is a company that is against blood, intergender wrestling, and unprotected chair shots to any part of the anatomy that isn't the back. Considering those self-imposed limitations I think they had a pretty good show.