roziya asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 5 months ago

Why winning jobs from homeowners is difficult for construction workers?

Update:

Why winning jobs from homeowners is difficult for contractors in the construction field?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It is not the best method

• 5 months ago

Because many homeowners have been ripped off at some time by construction workers.

Overcharging, poor work, damage to property etc etc. They have long memories.

Plus, anyone with any sense gets at least 3 quotes, so one worker has a 1 in 3 chance of getting the job.

• 5 months ago

Bad grammar and smelly clothes make homeowners think you are not professional.

Stop knocking on doors and send a full color brochure and a business card in the mail.

I personally do not care if you 'say' you are working on Martha's house around the corner. Maybe I do not know Martha. Maybe I hate Martha. One thing I DO know is that I will watch what ever work you did on her house for a year ...to see if it holds up...BEFORE I contact you to do work for me.

I have been burned 3 times by 'door to door' people. So I will not buy anything from you nor 'donate' to your cause if you come to my door.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

In this current financial climate homeowners will go with the company that submits the lowest bid and/or talks to other people who have work done by that company.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Too many contractors and trades people make the fast buck, and do not deliver what they say they will. Has made homeowners skeptical about all they hire to do work.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not sure what you are asking. Home owners don't typically hire construction workers. Their homes are already built.

But if a home owner needed to construct something and wanted to hire a construction worker, then I guess they would do so. Then it would not be difficult for a worker to be hired.

Again, your question makes no sense and lacks details.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Because most homeowners get at least two bids if not three for major projects. Statistically speaking, right off the bat there's only a 33-50% chance they'll get the job.

Unless of course you live in my neck of the woods where the economy is hot and contractors cherry pick the most profitable jobs. Half of them don't even bother to call you back let alone make a proposal for the job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.