What color shoes should my bridesmaids wear at the wedding?

Groomsmen are wearing gray suits and brown shoes. The bridesmaids are wearing red dresses. I cannot decide if i should have the bridesmaids wear brown, nude, or gray. Thanks!

If the dresses are floor length, the bridesmaids should wear whatever they want, maybe even out of their own closets. New shoes can be mighty uncomfortable, especially on a day that the girls will be standing on their feet 90% of the time.

If you want all of the girls to wear the same color shoe and you are giving color choices, why not allow them to discuss it among themselves, after all, the shoes will be theirs to re-wear.

• Ann

Is this a Christmas-themed wedding? Actually, the groomsmen should be wearing black shoes with gray suits. If the dresses are short enough that shoes can be seen, then go with nude. That color is neutral and the girls can wear the shoes again.

Why not red. The concensus seems to be nude but I wouldn't wear that or gray.

• Foofa

Gray and brown together tends to be a styling no no. But if that's what you've got your heart set on I'd probably go with gray shoes on the bridesmaids and red boutonnieres on the groomsmen to reflect the red dresses. Gray suits and red dresses will look great together. But TBH I'd have put everyone in black shoes.

• GEEGEE

I'd go with gray.

Like others have said, brown and gray is an odd combo. Black sounds like a more obvious choice.

Shoes should be darker than the hemline.

Brown and grey do not go together. Have the guys wear black shoes. Then that opens a lot of doors for what the girls can wear (but it shouldn't be brown).

• edward

Does everyone have the same nude tone on their feet? If not, get a colour. Example. My wife has friends of all different races, nude is beige, a white girl will look different in them than a black girl. She opted for black in the end just so everyone can wear shoes they all like. It depends on the colour you have for the wedding

• drip

Dresses are short, so shoes will be very visible? Go with nude.

Brown would not look right at all.

• Kelly

I would go with the nude shoes.

• Tavy

Nude goes with red as it's a neutral colour.