beth asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 year ago

Text message from bank (Santander) asking about a recent transaction...?

Basically, yesterday I went to buy wedding insurance online and it wouldn’t let me, it stated “the card has declined” so my partner redid it then paid for it on his card, within that time I had a text from Santander saying my card had been used on such and such website for a fee of £100 reply yes if these are your transactions or no if you don’t recognise them, I didn’t respond as I was scared if I said yes they would charge my card (as well as my partner just paying out) so I left it and rang them they said it was fine and they just wanted to double check it wasn’t fraud but sinc then I’ve had 3 calls from a voice automated fraud Santander line asking me to confirm or decline the transaction so I’ve just stated yes as I didn’t want to type no and have my card blocked but now I’m worried the transaction will go through again... so I don’t know what to do if it does...

• 1 year ago

They will not attempt to re-process the transaction, so I wouldn't worry.

What I would do is call the bank...

• 1 year ago

Since the transaction was denied from the card being declined, there was no traction. Reply "no". Then call them to ask why it was declined.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

Talk to them and get it sorted out.

• Katie
    1 year ago

Go into your nearest branch and tell them what has happened.

1 year ago

Sound like a scam.....