Can you get signs of pregnancy only a couple days after sex?

Three-two days ago, I had sex for the first time and have been really anxious about it ever since because I’ve had abdominal pains, nausea, and pains urinating. I haven’t been able to find anything to help me with this situation and to be honest I don’t want to ask my parents about it? If anybody knows anything that’d be so helpful, please and thank you!!

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

Those of us on this board who have ever been pregnant know "something" about it.

To begin with: You would NEVER have ANY "symptoms of pregnancy" only 2-3 days after having sex. You wouldn't even BE pregnant yet! It's going to take at least 10 days before a fertilized egg can implant into the lining of the uterus and establish a pregnancy.

Only 2-3 days after sex, your "symptoms" are NOT indicative of pregnancy. A man could have those same "symptoms", but he wouldn't be pregnant. From the way you describe your "symptoms", you most likely have a very common urinary tract infection, and you began developing it BEFORE you ever had sex. See your doctor. He will prescribe antibiotics that will cure it in short order.

The FIRST "symptom" of a suspected pregnancy is ALWAYS going to be if your next menstrual period is at least 1-1/2 weeks overdue.

I think it's uti

No.. I didn’t get any until a month after

You have a UTI.

Basic common sense dictates that you can't have pregnancy symptoms a few days after sex. Conception usually takes a couple of days, implantation takes 7-10 days after that. Then you need at least a few days for hCG to build before it even causes a missed period (the first "symptom" of pregnancy). hCG needs to climb much higher than that before you get morning sickness.

Pain with urination is never a sign of pregnancy regardless.

• Jill

No................

No not after two days. You could just a sexual transmitted disease - sounds like symptoms of that, or just irritation and possibly all in your head. But most likely a sexual transmitted disease. as you wouldn't expect pain when urinating as a pregnancy symptom anyways

Not even a little.

Get checked for a UTI.

MissA is right. Pregnancy symptoms are at least a fortnight away, and probably nearer to 4 weeks.

A UTI sounds far more like it, since pains urinating and abdominal pains are not symptoms of pregnancy anyway.

See your GP - you need antibiotics before the infection spreads. Keep drinking LOTS of water.

• MissA

No, you can’t. You *can* sometimes have symptoms of UTI or sexually transmitted infections that quickly, though.

• MissA

Yes, John, I know that. Why don't you respond on the actual question instead of picking some random person to reply to?