Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 6 months ago

250cc sport bike vs 1100cc cruiser which would be faster?

Update:

since i didnt specify. people with two brain cells or more would know i mean both acceleration and speed.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

For the purpose of this question, my chosen sport 250 would be the Suzuki RGV250. It will leave any cruiser (and almost any other bike on the right road) for dead.

If you force me to race you on a 250 Ninja (basically a commuter bike in lingerie) then I'd probably take the cruiser because it's a lot more torquey and comfortable. Sometimes its about the ride not how fast you finish, as the actress said to the bishop.

• Login to reply the answers
  • fuzzy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

depends on your definition of a sport bike. Typical Kawasaki Sport bike tops out about 105 mph, about the same as most cruisers. BUT there are other real sport bikes. eg.

APRILIA RS250 bike.

Top speed‎: ‎138 mph Tank range‎: ‎120 miles

Max power‎: ‎55 bhp Average fuel consumption‎: ‎32 mpg

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Why anonymous, troll?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Since you didn't specify, which of your two brain cells is working at the moment?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If your little troll *** wants a better answer, then ask a better question. "faster" denotes speed. "quicker" denotes the time required to get to that speed.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

BOTH are equally capable of exceeding any LEGALLY posted speed limit you are likely to encounter. That's all you need to know.

• 6 months ago

Top speed would be similar, but for overtaking the 1100 would be king with the 250 trailing in its wake. The high torque of the cruiser would kill the 250 stone dead.

If the road was miles long and very straight the smaller bike would keep up, but the moment you slowed, then sped up again, the cruiser would say bye bye.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is more than one way to engineer an engine. In other words, displacement alone does not dictate a motorcycle's acceleration nor top speed. Anyone with 3 brain cells or greater will know that.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jay P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Partially true but there are other factors to consider such as bike weight and gearing ratios.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

faster acceleration or higher top speed dumbdumb?

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Ninja 250 -- about 105 mph

Yamaha V-Star 1100 -- about 110 mph.

• Even then, the high torque of the 1100 would kill the 250

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.