Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 5 months ago

Why will old people show up for a doctors appointment 1 hour early just to sit in a waiting room. But be 20min late when I invite them out?

Don’t get me wrong older and well elderly people are some of the best people to be around but it is like they have no sense of time

• Favorite Answer

Probably because you'll wait on them and their doctor won't. Given that there are usually costs involved with doctor's visits (even if you're late or miss it), they make sure that they're there on time. I doubt that you charge old people for your company.

• Sunday Crone

People, old or not will show up early to a Dr. appointment and hope to get seen earlier. It has nothing to do with you, unless the specific people you are talking about just tend to be rude and you have allowed they to do it.

• RICK

In my case its because for an appointment or work I always leave early enough to be able to change a flat tire or in case there is a detour due to an accident. If nothing happens I get there early

Unless you invited me to a movie or something with a actual start time it won't hurt you to wait a few minutes

I am of working age and have to fit in going to hospital etc before travelling in to the office. Makes me mad as hell that retired folk who have nothing to do all day and all day to do it like to clog up that slot. Just seems plain inconsiderate of them.

• ?

Not so. Many services eg blood tests are first come first serve.

• Tj

You are just not that important to them. After all you are not a doctor.

I've never turned up that far in advance of a GP appointment - if only so avoid sitting amongst other germs!! I tend to get there probably about 10 mins early in the hope I DON'T have to wait!! More in hope than expectation tho.

You've never invited me out so I can't answer that other than it is fashionable to be late!! Too late and it's RUDE.

We don't show up an hour early .. we show up on time for our appointment. It is the doctor who is late.

As for being ready when you invite me out, I am ALWAYS punctual.

Back when I still had a car, I remember showing up at my in-laws for supper. The invitation was for 5:00. I walked in AT 5:00 and my sister-in-law said, "It must be 5:00. Janet just arrived".

• kim

I asked one one time, he was 2hrs early and he said AC was the reason, I think he was lonely too.

• Peggy

Anyone turning up early for a doctor's appointment will not be seen earlier unless someone cancels and, when that happens, it will be the person who is next on the appointment list who'll be called, not the ones who actually arrived the earliest.

If people arrive late when invited out they deserve to find that the one who offered the invitation has already gone home.

• Snid

I don't really know anyone who does that.

Because their usually retires and get used to being on their own time and on their own schedule. They can also take more time to get ready. Sometimes it may be that you need to plan longer ahead of time. If you call them the day you want to do something they may take longer to get their selves ready aswell and physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually prepared to do what it is they have to do. Maybe the person does not want to hang out with you

• Sunday Crone

I tend to be early and because it takes me longer than it use to for me to get ready to go somewhere, some people seem to think I am always early. It has nothing to do with getting mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually prepared to do something..