Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 5 months ago

I want to change my first name legally because I hate my current one. It’s a boy’s name and I’m very girly. It sounds atrocious to.?

People always tell me “oh that’s my son’s name” and it just makes me cringe. Anyways help me choose a new name.

1. Rebecca

2. Naomi

3. Sophia

4. Aaliyah

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask your parents or a trusted friend/sibling which your personality and looks fit best. Good luck (:

• Nick
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

It’s your life, do what you want.

• 5 months ago

I've always hated Rebecca and Naomi I don't think they sound pretty so one of the other two although Aaliyah sounds like it would be hard to pronounce and spell. I like original names but that's a bit too out there for me.

• 5 months ago

Rebecca or Sophia are good.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

1. Rebecca. Dated. Common. Will be shortened to Becky.

2. Naomi. Pretty. Will be mispronounced.

3. Sophia. Over the top common. Incredibly boring.

4. Aaliyah. Ugly. Will be mispronounced.

Id' stick with your original name (which you haven't bothered to tell us). None of the names you listed are different in any way. You will just be another girl with a common name.

• Marie
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Aaliyah won’t be pronounced wrong most people know how to say it 🙄

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Don't name yourself Aaliyah unless you can twerk like a pro. You have to earn names like that. You're probably more of a Rebecca or Naomi. Go with Rebecca

• R5 months agoReport

I really like Rebecca

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Rebecca: beautiful and I like Becca as the nickname 8/10

Naomi: pretty but little dated. But at least it's uncommon 6/10

Sophia: the biggest problem with this name is you hear it all the time and that would get annoying. Maybe use it as a middle name. 0/10

Aaliyah: beautiful !! Sounds like a princess and very girly. Not common. One of my favorites 10/10

• 5 months ago

I'm partial to Rebecca. It's the name of my youngest

• Moya
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Aaliyah with Sophia as middle name

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

I'll Layah ?.... kids could possibly taunt her till Christmas with this one

• 5 months ago

Love the names Naomi and Aaliyah. It all depends on your middle and last name though! Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.