Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 7 months ago

Why do certain people seem livid about England's victory.?

Are all these people jealous or what!

• small

England won due to an umpiring error..... when the overthrow happened, Stokes has not crossed the non-striker for the second run and hence on that delivery only 5 (1+4overthrows) should have been awarded and not 6 runs..... the concerned Srilankan umpire has admitted his error..... in my books, it is the Kiwis who were the winners !!

I have my opinion about the Match was that, ICC was providing favor to England Since the World Cup 2019 Started. But the truth is that I can understand every thing why umpires were not ready to refer the overthrow to third Umpire.

Because A Big Match A big Decision must be refereed to the third umpire and than It was 5 Runs according to Rules Made by ICC not Six Runs.

Their first win in the World Cup,

England won by hitting maximum numbers of boundaries that ridiculous.

• F

The umpire seems to have made a massive error which gave England victory. However, you have to accept the umpires decision, win or lose.

It's the world we live in. Too many people cannot accept losing and must look for any excuse, including attacking the winner. Every team involved in the tournament knew the rules on tiebreakers - or should have. The time for anyone to complain about them and come up with a 'better' tiebreaker was before the tournament began.

The mindset of the world is evident in that little 'poll' Yahoo offered on the scoresheet page. 'What do you feel about Super Over deciding the tournament winner?'

Fair and square - 19%

Cup should have been shared - 81%

I fall on the 'Fair and square' side - and I was pulling for the Kiwis after Australia fell out.

• Betty

Probably because they won by a stroke of luck which was unjust.

Sore losers probably.

Because England won on a technicality after a tiebreaker failed to produce a winner.

England won by hitting more boundaries than New Zealand.

The people who made up the rules could just as easily have made the qualifying standard the number of wickets lost, or the number of maidens or dot-balls bowled, all of which would have produced a win for New Zealand.

In the end it was a massive anti-climax, they may have been better off just calling it a tie and sharing the trophy.

• F

I always thougth 241-8 beat 241 all out in the event of a tie. I think a second super over would have been better.