Sarah asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 year ago

I’m 17 and flying alone?

Not to be such a wimp but I’m a bit worried. Like I figure I’ll be fine but like for identification?? I have no clue about that. Since I’m a scaredy-cat I don’t have my drivers license either (I trust myself not other drivers) which means no proper form of id :c

Any idea on what I should take to prove I’m me?? Like will a birth certificate work or??? I’m honestly low key panicking lmao

6 Answers

  • 1 year ago

    I sincerely hope you're not flying out of the country, because you MUST have a passport for that.

  • 1 year ago

    Passport always does the job

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago


  • 1 year ago

    YOU are a CHILD.

    You are not going anywhere without an ADULT involved. Usually a Parent.

    Your Parent shows their ID at the check in .

    Each Airline has their specific requirements. LOOK for the information for YOUR Airline. for the Check in Requirements.

    The Security check point is the next stop. They have their rules. Slightly different.


    TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling >>>> with<<<< a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.

    Forgot Your ID?

    In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

    You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you chose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

    That you pay Adult Fare does not give you a magic birthday. You are a Child. A person under age 18

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    If you are in the US, under 18, and traveling within the country, then you do not need ID to fly. A birth certificate is useless as ID.

    If you want to have something, then you should go to the DMV and get a state ID card. You don't need to take a test or anything for it - just bring the appropriate paperwork and identification and you will have a form of government-issued photo ID. It's good to have something at your age anyway.

  • 1 year ago

    Passport, drivers ID idk what else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.