Is my cat dying?

My cat just turned 11. He will not eat or drink anything. He has lost tons of weight in the last week or so. He’s lost so much in fact that I can feel his spine and hip bones popping out, along with his chest area. He takes short yet heavy breaths, and doesn’t get up off the couch to even take a leak. He’s never... show more My cat just turned 11. He will not eat or drink anything. He has lost tons of weight in the last week or so. He’s lost so much in fact that I can feel his spine and hip bones popping out, along with his chest area. He takes short yet heavy breaths, and doesn’t get up off the couch to even take a leak. He’s never acted this way before, and when I look him in the eyes he seems so lifeless like he’s not all there, and he seems careless to everything.

I should add that for months now he’s had this weird condition in his eye, my parents thought it was glaucoma, but basically his right eye gradually fills up with white fluid and swells and then it leaks and the process starts over again.

I’ve never taken him to the vet although I really want to, my parents keep telling me I'm over reacting but I know something serious is going on. Someone please help me figure out what to do. Thank you.