Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 5 months ago

How to handle a neighbor who is mad that I planted privacy plants.?

They are not near his property line and are attractive. He comes out making snide comments.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

ha ha ha..tell him to go pound sand... There was a big dust up here in Annapolis about a fence. It was blocking some guys view of the bay, so he sued. The homeowner said fine, and planted giant arborvitaes (fast growing evergreen) instead.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Aw gee, and here I was gonna ask you to come on over and watch the game and suck down a beer. So much for plans.... Make him suffer.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Ignore him, smile and wait for your plants to grow so you will never have to come face to face with him again.

• 5 months ago

I'd put up a fence to avoid border disputes, and then act as if I didn't hear his snide remarks.

When he says something snarky, you say: "You have a good day, too!" -- or something similarly positive. Kill him with kindness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

As far as It Depends Upon You, Pursue Peace. You never know when your neighbor might have a change of attitude as a result of your kindness.

• 5 months ago

Excuse the crudeness, but I once heard spoken in reference to a similar situation- "Opinions are like anuses- everyone has got one"- so if you don't mind being a bit rude that comment might be applicable other than that ignore him- It is your property and if anything it will add value to your property as well as his.

• drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Don’t handle it, ignore it. Do you want to be friends with this man? You don’t need to justify what you do in your own yard, and there is good outcome to commenting back at him.

If he wants to fuss walk away.

• 5 months ago

Just ignore them. Just like you;re allowed to plant what you want. He's allowed to say what he wants.

• 5 months ago

Build a privacy fence now

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

fences (barriers) make good neighbors

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.