How ignorant can people be? I have seen it said that if a disabled person can play video games they can be gainfully employed.?

Why is anyone stupid enough to believe that?

yes, but when i go to work, the employer keeps tightening the screws, more and more, and more; kinda makes me think he would rather employ someone who looks like himself.

if a person can use a computer, this does not mean they can sit all day at one. employers only pay for work achieved.

most work-from-home offers of employment are scams, and frauds. if you work for a legimate business, then it is possible they allow you to work-from-home, "only if" you meet thir quotas.

working for someone who believes that "time is money" might seem chronomaniacal, but face-it that is business-profit for the owners and managers.

It depends entirely upon the disability and the video games. My son who is so intellectually disabled he cannot read or do math has a video game he loves to play. He doesn't care if he wins or finishes. Does that make him employable? Certainly not.

• Bill

the ignorant person here is you

you lump every body with a disability in the same category then rant on

the fact is that a paraplegic is capable of playing video games , playing tennis , working even been a president

suggest that you get an education or just learn what a person with a disability really is

its a bad hunch.......and i think he's a guy....

at best.....on a good day. I can spend about an hour on the computer at the beginning of the day....and then for the rest of the day 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off...AT BEST...there are times I can't do that. My arm gets so painful I can't even lift it and it may be more like 5 minutes on, 55 minute break half way through the day.

not to mention jobs...especially at home/very flexible jobs are extremely limited....

ignorant people are under the impression that there are countless companies hiring people to sit at home and post to pinterest.....that often involves taking photos...not just sitting at a computer...and they need to be pro level pics...

i also have stomach issues....i would need a half hour break about every 2 hours....

according to an investigative study, possibly about 2/3rds of people on SSI/SSDI are frauds...they lie and exaggerate on the application to get approved.

the FACT is that most people that can parent with minimal or no help CAN WORK. I am so disabled, I cannot have children as I cannot physically care for them and I would not be able to meet my needs with kids running around the house.

there have been many people on here that describe specific conditions that do not prevent them from working...whiners think they should get a hand out because they can't stand for more than a few hours...I can't stand for more than a few minutes..at best I could sit at a desk for about 4 hours per day...with frequent breaks...and that wouldn't be 5 days a week...i'd be lucky to be able to manage a total of 10 hours.

the biggest obstacle I have is people I need to help acting like a$$es...like the motor vehicle office that screwed up my parking placard (punched 2 months instead of a month and a year)...that took 5 weeks of fighting to fix....3 years ago, they sent me someone elses documents....

things like dyslexia, adhd (in most cases), hypothyroid, do not qualify for benefits, but some people insist they are debilitated and can't work

on a typical 'good' day, I have 2 productive hours outside the house. I rarely travel more than 15 minutes for things like grocery shopping....maybe 1x/week a push through and do more errands (doctor, clothes shopping at the thrift store, out for pizza....that may take me from about 3-7pm....and I am exhausted...those are my best days....

I support the SEVERELY disabled who are entitled to SSI/SSDi.....and discourage the frauds who make it so hard for people like me in the eyes of society......

• Samantha

I believe a person can be too disabled to hold a job and still parent, it depends on the disability and on the child’s age and demeanor.

• Judith

Most people aren't that stupid but I think I know who you mean. She's pretty negative about most disabled people.

• SimplytheFACTS

really? I support the TRULY SEVERELY disabled who can't get the help they need because of deadbeats......I support people with mild/moderate disabilities getting appropriate help to work.