My computer constantly sounds like its loading something. Is the hard drive dying or what?

• Fulano

If you're running Windows, Task Manager can show you disk usage in the "processes" tab. One of the programs is probably constantly running the disk. It might be bugged or it might be malware, etc.

Or, your computer doesn't have enough RAM and it's having to use virtual memory, which really slows a computer down. Again, it will show your RAM usage in Task Manager.

If it's Windows, it could be indexing the hard drive, that is making a table of all the files on it so searching for something goes faster. I usually turn this off personally because I don't spend that much time searching for files.

• keerok

Maybe. Check background running programs. If you can't find anything suspicious, download Crystal Disk to diagnose your hard disk.

IT could be, doing just that!

i would take it to a cornputer store and have thern look at it