Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 7 months ago

How to punch like a whip?

In the air? My punches make a wind sound but it hurts my arms. How to punch like a whip so my arms don't hurt?

Favorite Answer

first you need to learn HOW TO PUNCH correctly

Just punch as hard as you can

Don't fully extend your arms. Instead only extend your punches to a point where your elbows are still slightly bent.

• Bon

You don't. You never EVER throw a punch into empty air with full power. All that energy and inertia of your fist is only going to damage your joints from the shoulder to the elbow and maybe even the wrist.

I suspect you have been watching too many martial arts movies and thinks all the sounds you heard were actually real when they are in fact sound effects

When you practice punching without a punching bag, you are not doing it for power, but correctness of your form. You are practicing proper alignment or position of your body while throwing the punch lightly.

Go back to basics, straight punch with body mass twist. I have a couple times scored with a whipping branch parry start with back knuckle fist rotation and pull back, a Chinese-Okinawan school technique that can be effective when used against Tae Kwon Do or Shotokan sparrers not expecting the low start block to turn into a blood getting face snap punch with swishing/snap/poof sound. training drill starts with 'horse stance'and side turn, forward blocking arm low to cover groin, rear arm cross upper body with either fist or floating palm to cover head, slight turn and the low forward arm is what snaps forward, fist turn to hit ans then recover/pull back to crouch narrow body defense stance, back to horse or neiko-achi dach /Cat stance . .