promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

do you have to pay customs charges?

can you just not pay it and have the item sent back ? is there any option through which you can not pay the charge ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They will hold it until you pick it up and if you don't pick it up, you still owe the customs charges. They processed your order and provided space for it - you owe the fee no matter what. They will not return the item - that would costs customs more money. If you cannot afford the customs charges, you should not have ordered the item. Budget and pay what you owe. If you changed your mind about the item, tough luck. You can scrap the item but, regardless, you owe the customs charges.

• Pooka Fish
      Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

i thought so. i don’t have any customs charges to pay personally, i was just asking this because i was curious

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Probably depends on where you live. Ive never paid it or have them ask in the US.

• 11 months ago

You are likely to lose the original cost of the item; the seller has no obligation to refund you if you prevent the delivery taking place by not paying the customs fees.

The charges are also usually a small part of the overall cost, so you are better off just paying and getting the item you bought.

There is also the possibility that your country's customs service may pursue the debt via legal means, if you do not pay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.