promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

Do you realize that those with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder are the serial bullies responsible for the amount of suicides per year?

Serial bullies display behavior congruent with a number of the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Characterized by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity & self-importance, a lack of empathy, underestimating & devaluing others. They don’t recognize the needs & feelings of others, & are dismissive, contemptuous & impatient when others share or discuss their concerns or problems. They are oblivious to the hurtfulness of their behaviour or remarks, show an emotional coldness & a lack of reciprocal interest, exhibit envy especially when others are accorded recognition, have an arrogant, disdainful & patronizing attitude, & are quick to blame & criticise others when their needs & expectations are not met.

Real lives are being destroyed with so many secrets being told, fake personalities & seemingly harmless digital gossip, it may seem hard to believe that actual damage is being done. The problem for young people is that the world of social media is indistinguishable from reality. Social Media Platforms are treated as real extensions of themselves, depression & suicide as a result of bullying is a growing worldwide problem.

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the American Center for Disease Control. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of teenage students have considered suicide, & almost 7 percent have attempted it.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Losing is nature's way of telling you, you suck.

Suicide is the leading cause of death among young people like you said because as you grow up, you learn to hack it. When you need someone to recognize your feelings or else you need to kill yourself, guess what happens? Even if I wanted to, I have to take a dump sometime and I'll miss your text and you'll kill yourself. You have to learn to take care of yourself to some degree. Get through someone calling you a name without killing yourself or indeed, nature did it's job and took your burden out of this world.

I'm all for not bullying but proverbially, if we have to stop to carry you, the lion eats us all.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.