Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 6 months ago

Is it weird for a couple to get married on an ex boyfriend's birthday?

Do you think there is any malintention in this? I am friends with the girl and work in the same building as her ex, but I hardly see or talk to him anymore. We were all friends at one point but ex went off on everyone so we keep our distance from him. That was a long story short.

Anyways, ex tries to get friendly with me to see if I will spill any details about my friend. Even though we all know he uses a fake facebook account to stalk all of us as he seems to know every detail already in all of our lives (he just likes to play stupid and ask what's new)

The wedding day was originally on a different day,, but due to circumstances they moved it on this particular day. The thing is, her wedding is now on the same day as her ex boyfriend's birthday. We all used to be friends for over 10 years, and I know it's his birthday because we always celebrated together.

They stayed friends for a few years after the breakup and we still celebrated each other's birthdays together and other things that friends do. But I know it's not my place to ask so I would never ask them why they are getting married on her exe's birthday, so that is why I brought the question here.

Do you think it's weird? Do you think she did this intentionally? I'm really happy that she's getting married, but it would defeat the purpose if either her or her fiance suggested the date out of malice or something like that.

Favorite Answer

Since you dont hang out with this guy any more, I'd say no malice intended.

If SOME of you still hung out with him, I'd wonder if she did it just so no one would be with him on his birthday, but as they are her friends and no longer his, that isnt the case so it sounds like coincindence

Oh my goodness, overthinking much?

Sounds fishy to me too. I wonder if she's hung up on the ex.

I can't imagine anyone would care in the slightest - no-one has exclusive rights to a date

NO. It is weird for anyone to think it's weird.

You can't actually believe that couples in love actively choose their wedding day to spite an ex, do you? How focking immature are you?

They set the date that worked for them. The date they could get the venue.. The date they wanted.. you're a focking moron to think the ex's birthday had anything to do with it.

Most people get married on the weekends, Saturdays and sometimes Sundays. A few get married on Fridays, I guess, and courthouse weddings could happen any day. So, considering most are going to occur on Saturday for the convenience of the guests, that gives the happy couple about 52 days a year to book a venue. If the venue is already engaged on their first choice, then they'll maybe pick another Saturday, if they like that venue.

Every day is *somebody's* birthday. Pick any random day: there's probably someone you aren't especially fond of who has a birthday, anniversary, or some significant event on that day.

• drip

I would think it never entered her mind. The very last thing I would be thinking about for my wedding date would be are any of my past boyfriends birthdays on that day. Who cares. I wouldn’t be even thinking about an ex, let alone about his birthday.

• Kelly

When I as looking at wedding dates, I was looking at dates of what worked for everyone involved... I didn't care whose birthday it might have been.

No, it's not weird, intentional, or meaningful. There are only so many Saturdays in a season, especially when circumstances dictate that you can't have your first choice.