Brigh asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 5 months ago

Why dont mexico just make drugs legal?

I mean what other choice do they have. People are already taking drugs. Drugs cartel pretty much run most of the police force.

Why dont the country just go on and work with them. Tell them to put up money to create factories and selling the products to other countries.

I heard some of the cartel leaders are worth 100 of million of dollars. They can use that money to help build industrial parks in mexico and get richer. I mean what other choice do they have?

Favorite Answer

"I heard some of the cartel leaders are worth 100 of million of dollars." Try BILLIONS..

• Zirp

the drug-cartels don't want the competition

That would put an end to the drug war entirely if the United States of America and the country where the drugs are being produced said okay drugs are legal. The price of drugs would drop and with that drop in the price of drugs there would be far less violent crimes over those drugs. There would no longer be violent drug gangs fighting and competing to sell their high-priced drugs. And our prisons and our jails would have about 50% less people in them.