Long distance moving - Would it be more sensible to sell / get rid of my stuff in my origin city and start over when I get to new city?

I am moving from Wisconsin to Arizona in September and here is the thing . I was quoted $ 3,500 for a pod ( storage container move) They would be mainly moving the contents of a bedroom (which consist of a queen sized bed and then of course the dresser and nightstand) and the contents of A living room ( sofa , ... show more I am moving from Wisconsin to Arizona in September and here is the thing . I was quoted $ 3,500 for a pod ( storage container move)

They would be mainly moving the contents of a bedroom (which consist of a queen sized bed and then of course the dresser and nightstand) and the contents of A living room ( sofa , a few tables and a few arm chairs , a computer desk and a flat screen tv with the tv stand)

Also theyd be moving about 15 large boxes of household items which are mainly decorations , clothing , small kitchen appliances , cookware , wall art , etc.

HERE IS ANOTHER THING : I paid $5,000, seventeen years ago for the bedroom set . Which means that it is quite used. And the value and worth is depreciated .

My mom offered to keep the bedroom furniture at her home while I move away to Arizona short term ( for about a year )

OR : Would it be more wise to sell my living room and bedroom furniture and repurchase stuff after I get to AZ?