Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

Why do I get bullied?

I'm bullied all the time even by my own family. I'm shy, quiet, weird, awkward, weak, a coward, a minority. I don't stand up for myself sometimes because I'm too afraid or don't know how. I always have a bad hair day. I don't dress the best.

• olivia

Who gets bullied the most? While every child is a potential victim of bullying, certain subgroups of students are getting bullied more often than others. Sadly, students who are obese, students who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender, and students with disabilities are bullied more often than others.

• Alfred

Well, with your kind permission , I just humbly guess you might be young enough to be my son/ daughter - to begin with....

And I think it's just about time for you to brightly and boldly and firmly stand up -for yourself...yes...

being too quiet/ weak/ a coward as you call yourself could only further allow people to bully/ mistreat you... enough is enough....

I think that probably your practicing some kind of outdoors / martial arts may be a sound way out: NOT in order to... look for trouble, but in order to be feared enough by bullies ... to effectively curb/ stop/ tackle violence of any kind- on one hand

and for your self - esteem and peace of mind and physical health and state of well- being- on the other hand...

Sounds like u need to toughen tf up.. stand up for yourself bc life only gets more difficult and complex the older u get.. and work on your appearance.. its just a fact that the better u look, the more ppl like u and will want to help u and be friends with u.

• Tony5 months agoReport

I know the feeling with me it school ,college ex friends my library staff that goes to

• Joe

The older you get the more the idiots will fade from your life. Cool people will be attracted to you. Trust me. Don't worry about a thing. Stay healthy, get a great education and be prepared to have a great life !

• D g

You have to stand up for yourself

First, you need to decide for yourself how much you are willing to take and establish boundaries. Assume you are a guy. If someone makes fun of you are you willing to roll with it or fight? What about if they make fun of your parents, willing to stand up to them or let them get away with it? What if they make fun of your beliefs, religion, sex orientation? Willing to make a stand or let them get away with it. What if they punch you in the face? Let them get away with it or stand up to them? Once you have established how far you will let people go ,you can justify to yourself when to take action. The bully is just a person too. They have two arms, you have two arms (I assume) meaning you have the same weapons they do. Try to avoid them if possible. Why put yourself in a bad position like attending a small party if the bully will be there? Avoid it. To many people put themselves in compromising situations. If all else fails, don't be afraid to fight. Losing is not the worst thing, sometimes you have to fight and you will still lose.

You know why you get bullied because you have just said so. You get bullied because you advertise the fact that you are susceptible. There are always folk who wish to show a dominance over others, and by stating this fact you are volunteering as a target.

Your simply asking for all you get, and it will continue until you change your attitude, which you are advised to do. If you persist in acting like a wimp, can you really blame people for treating you like one.

Surround yourself with better friends and people. Or YOU Must speak up more. Again sometimes it is hardest to move yourself the situation / environment but it is always possible and sometime the best things you can do for yourself.

• Tony5 months agoReport

stick their noose in other bussise their privte lives on in newspapers

• Something might be hurting them may compell them to hurt others.. fight back with kindness (But if they lay a hand on you defend yourself) and try to reason with them. If not, tell a parent or teacher. What they say doesn't matter.. only the good things in life. Stand up for yourself.. nobody should make anyone feel bad about themselves

There are also hotlines you can call. If things get physical, it's best to call someone...

cause sorne people are jerks, thats why

Cause you are lovely, that's why. It's pretty obvious.