Why winning jobs is hard for construction workers? Specially winning jobs from homeowners.?

I often hear that constractors may struggle with winning jobs from homeowners. I wanted to know why from contractors with experience as I am planning to get into that field.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you want to get into construction then go for commercial instead of residential. Homeowners can be very indecisive and critical of everything you do. Also work in commercial is steadier and better paying.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

There are tons of shady contractors out there and at the very least, half of the jobs you bid are for pricing comparison and not with any intention for you to do the work.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Smart home owners would get 2 or 3 bids on a job plus they will check references. Lots of competition out there. Takes awhile for a good reputation to get hold and for people to give references to others. They should also check with the Better Business Bureau.

• 6 months ago

There are a lot of contracting companies, and most people will do their due diligence and get at least 3 quotes. Some people get quotes and then decide not to go ahead with the work after seeing what they cost.

You MIGHT get about 25% of the jobs you quote if you're lucky, but that's just part of the trade.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Well, if the average homeowner gets bids from just 2 people, you'd average getting half the jobs you bid on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.