promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Since when can anyone change the category of a question on yahoo! Answers?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

You've been away for awhile I take it? Since 5 years ago.

Source(s): .56
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Since a few years ago, level 7s have had that ability.

But remember the person who posted the question can always move their question around, regardless of their level.

• mom
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

some are saying the ones on level 7 are changing the questions around. I am on level 7 and it is happening to me also. this question has been asked many times and some keep answering with the same answer all the time

Lv 7
    11 months ago

Since never. Level 7 users have been able to do it for the past several years (relocate ANY question). Otherwise, only the user that posted a question, is able to relocate it.

The ability to relocate questions was provided to Level 7s to help ensure questions were posted in the correct category for their topic and it was (mistakenly) assumed that any user that had been on the site long enough to reach Level 7, was likely a quality user and responsible in their behavior on the site (after all, they made it that far without getting their account suspended permanently).

Unfortunately, as with EVERY other feature of the site that can be abused, it has been seriously abused. In some cases, it's quite chronic (the malicious and inappropriate relocating of questions). Yahoo had a way for users to easily report question moving abuse. Verizon Media has given us no such avenue and doesn't appear to be interested in putting a stop to it (or maybe they are working behind the scenes to stop it and just haven't shared it with us, which would be the norm).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Yahoo Added a Feature a few years back that Allows Level 7 users to be able to Change anyones Question around to Different Category's Including ones that are not there own

It sucks and they need to get Rid of it

• 11 months ago

A few years ago and not everyone can. Only the asker and level 7 users can.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Only orig poster and Level 7s can move or change categories

• 11 months ago

i think you have to be on level 7 to do it, ive never done it, i think its wrong

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Since never.

Only the asker and level-7 users have that ability, since ehm..... 2017 or so?

• CarolOkla
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

March 20, 2014. Look at the YA blog. That's 5 YEARS. Yahoo made the change BEFORE the stockholders revolted.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Only level 7's can move other user's questions but you can always move your own questions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.