Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 7 months ago

Travelling to Hawaii in November. Staying in Airbnb’s during our trip. Should I keep my passport with me or leave it secured in Airbnb?

Up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Some Airbnb’s have safes so you could store it in there if you wanted, which I would do. Or you can keep it with you if that’s more comforting.

It's perfectly safe in your AirBnb. No one else is going to go in there, and passport theft is not common anywhere in the US anyway. I do not carry my passport around in the US. If it's your only identification, you might need it to get a drink or buy liquor. Otherwise, leave it in your apartment/house.

I am assuming you traveling from the mainland. If your passport is your only form of identification, then it is advisable to keep it with you. Keeping government-issued ID on your person while on vacation is prudent.

Source(s): Resident of Hawaii (who has a disdain for Airbnb for harboring illegal vacation rentals.)
  • MS

Keep it with you.

it rnight be better to keep it with you so noone steals it