lila
lila asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 year ago

What are some romantic things to do in or around Cooperstown, NY?

My husband and I are from New York and would like to spend our one year wedding anniversary in Cooperstown, NY. It's under a 2 hours drive so we will likely travel Friday night and return Saturday night. Looking for a lovely (preferably romantic!) restaurant to go to Friday night and then some ideas for Saturday. We are low-key people but I'd like to do something fun and romantic since we are celebrating. My husband loves wine so I'd like to go to a winery but need some other options as well. Not too familiar with the area but a couple we're friends with recommended we go. Our anniversary is August 17 so any outdoor suggestions would be nice, but I appreciate any and all! Thanks!

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

You MUST stay and eat at The Otesaga!!! Or at least eat there - $$$. Baseball fans go to the Hall of Fame. The are also some nice museums. There is a Beverage Trail for tastings - We love Omegang Brewery.

If you do not want to drive to Cooperstown, look into Mohonk Mountain House further south, in New Paltz. Fly over was the face of the I LOVE NEW YORK campaign for years. My chamber music business has played for hundreds of weddings and parties there - stunningly beautiful and romantic. Meals are included!!! And fabulous!!

1 year ago

Thats the heart of NY State wine country, so you could try visiting a winery.

• 1 year ago

Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum

• 1 year ago

you could go dancing