7 year old with severe headaches?

My 7 year old daughter has had a headache everyday for over a week. 3 days ago she started running a fever. High fevers like 102.4 it was even right at 103 last night. I did take her to the ER and they checked her for Strip and it was negative. They said they believe it’s just viral. Well it’s now two after the er visit and she’s still complaining of a headache and still has a fever. As long as I give her Motrin or Tylenol she’s fine but as soon as it wears off her head hurts again. Any advice what could be wrong? I don’t really want to take her back to the ER bc I feel like they won’t do anything. They’ll tell me it’s viral and send us on our way. Any advice? Do you think it’s just viral or does it sound like something that’s more serious?

Favorite Answer

Take her to your normal doctor and say you’re worried about meningitis.

Get her checked for brain cancer

Take her to her pediatrician immediately. This is something that definitely needs to be monitored. If it isn't viral then you should be worried about possible meningitis. Her doctor is the best person to advise you on your child's health, those fevers and headache would concern me for sure.

Read on MENINGITIS and MENINGITIS B,

Keep her hydrated.