Is there a way to prepare for plants being left alone over long breaks?

I'm in University and last winter I had a succulent, ppl say they're hard to raise but mine has been managing with minimal care even when I left it to fend for itself over winter and spring break. I guess it might be because they don't need as much water but this coming up school year I want to get more... show more I'm in University and last winter I had a succulent, ppl say they're hard to raise but mine has been managing with minimal care even when I left it to fend for itself over winter and spring break. I guess it might be because they don't need as much water but this coming up school year I want to get more plants to hang all around my room. I won't be able to just take them home with me though when breaks come up (I live hours away) and since I'm in a dorm no one will just be stopping by that can check up. Am I worried for no reason about getting an extra responsibility or is there a way for me to care for them so they'll be fine even if I'm gone for 2-3 weeks? If not I'd rather not waste money buying some