Can I do unpaid work exchange in Australia on an e-visitor visa?

I'll be 31 in 2 months time so will be too late for a second working holiday visa.

If I want to go backpacking again around parts of Australia, does the e-visitor or tourist visa allow me to stay in hostels and farms doing unpaid work in exchange for accommodation using Helpx or WOOF?

Australia is always looking for more foreign $5 per hour plantation slaves.

• Fred

No Australia does not allow you to even work for someone for free on a tourist visa as they say you are taking someone else's job. We have people come here supposedly going to babysit people's kids in exchange for a room and free board but if the immigration find out they immediately cancel the visa and kick the person out of the country. In Australia it is illegal to do any work even if working for free while here on a tourist visa.

• arther

No don't come here we all ready have enough jippos here. Pissoff.

Try growing up for a change.

• Dylan6 months agoReport

Yawn....Idiot....

• Brooky

True volunteer work e.g. for a charity is acceptable, but any kind of farm, hospitality or other work that is usually done (for that employer or other similar employers) by paid workers is definitely NOT acceptable. WWOOF work is only acceptable if it is on a Not-For-Profit entity, such as a Hobby Farm.

https://wwoof.com.au/volunteer/ See 'Which Visa do I need to WWOOF?'

Yeah there are plenty of woofer farms, you'll work 3 to 5 hours a day and 5 or 6 days a week depending where you stay, northern Queensland would be ideal this time of yeah.

Unpaid work yes but might need to show your bank account funds so you can pay your way . Anyway no one does un-paid farm work . you will look very suspicious