Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 5 months ago

Why the rivalry between Mercedes and BMW drivers?

I never understood it, they're both good cars. Of course one may outperform another in a certain aspect, but overall they're both amazing cars.

theres competition every where..

Because beamer drivers want to have mercs, but cant afford them. And merc drivers are generally snobs that get the car for status purposes.

There isn't one. BMW drivers are younger entitled jeks. Mercedes driver are older entitled jerks.

Because it’s something to do

One thing Great about the US, at least, is our freedom of choice. Not stuck to one car like the old Soviet Union. Diversity gives is strength. Sheep are weak without rams.

There is a Greater rivalry between bikers and Metric riders. Yet, I saw a Yamaha, a Triumph at the Angel's clubhouse last night., No one cares so long as You have fun.

I drive American and one Toyota. DILLIGAF?

• Ron

I think you're full of ****. Rivalry? LOL. Amazing? By amazing you mean over engineered

• paul

why do trolls ask questions

• Lôn

Both are great cars, it's usually people who can't afford them that are insulting about them and their drivers.

• Lôn

Of course they're a status car...M4s etc turn heads. Stick to a second hand Ford Ka....save money and be the richest corpse in the cemetery....is that the status you want?
      Enjoy your money when you are still alive...or someone else will enjoy it for you when you've gone...that's my motto!

• marty

I've never heard of any rivalry, that sounds kind of childish. However I bought a new BMW for my wife a few years back and it was garbage. We got rid of it within 6 months and she got a Ford fusion, much better than a BMW with less cost. She loves her ford.

• Lôn

Garbage?.....don't be ridiculous....What Car magazine begs to differ.

• Sandy

there's a rivalry there. go back and read the history of the two companies. you'd be surprised what you can learn when you READ.

• Magmalad

Jesus man, he just asked a question. That's what YA is about. No need to be a toxic sh*t about it.