Will my pc components be cooler if I ran them outside a pc case?

Update: my understanding of the purpose of the computer case is to protect components such as the motherboard from damage. I can run computer components outside the case but I risk having something spilled on it or possible dropping something on it. It is my goal to mount everything into a plastic travel case so my... show more my understanding of the purpose of the computer case is to protect components such as the motherboard from damage. I can run computer components outside the case but I risk having something spilled on it or possible dropping something on it. It is my goal to mount everything into a plastic travel case so my desktop computer which is designed for gaming is more portable. I am curious since the components would have direct access to air if this will keep the parts cooler.