Do i need to replace my fridge?

I have an igloo mini fridge and i think im having some serious issues with it.

I have to turn the dial up to its max to keep the temp at a low level, It holds at 1°c, But the compressor never shuts off, It has been running continuously for 3 days.

If i turn the dial down even just a little in between 7 and 6 the compressor runs for 2-3 minutes and shuts off for 8-10 minutes but the temp rises and sits at about 9°c

When i went to bad last night i set the dial in between 6-7 to test it again and when i got up about 7hrs later i checked my temperature monitor in the fridge and it was back up yo 9°c

Note that before i went to bed the temp was at 1°c.

Rising 8°c within that 7hrs does not seem right to me

This is my 2nd replacement fridge in 3 days and i really dont want to call my landlord and tell him this one is not working to.

I live in a bachelor thats why the mini fridge, Encase anyone was wondering.

Suggestions..

Thank you.

yes, cos it would contain bacteria if you didn't clean it

You should change it it is not working properly.

If the fridge is part of the apartment

(meaning you got fridge stove and dishwasher with the unit then this is the LANDLORD'S problem)

You are renting with all working units and this is not working. (He obviously took it out of another unit and never got around to fixing it.).

So YOU LET HIM KNOW ASAP. YOU WANT TO CALL HIM UP. Your money is just as good as the next tenants money. Then he knows and won't offer it to someone else unless he first fixes it(it is something he can and does fix). It goes back into his storage shed. Some LL may run 1/2 dozen complexes or 100 plus units. so swapping out of another unit is not unusual.

His test was a quicky...does it cool? Yes? Left it at that. Now you can tell him more about the unit. I know the timer is shot. He will figure that out too when you tell him it never shuts off.

. Tell him now so he will get another fridge out of another unit and chances are good it is a "Runner".

Depending on how old it is you might want to replace it, or have the landlord replace it. They do not last all that long if they are a cooler and not an actual refrig.

Mini fridges do NOT last forever. Just buy a new one and move on.

go visit thrift shops..a lot have older used but good running everything

old is gold

problem with the fridge might be goopied up rubber seals that don;t seal properly.

soap water.and a dull tool that will pry or scrape off the dried pb & j you left stuck on there

items like this may go for a bigole 25 bucks

• Fred

It nearly sounds like thermostat is poorly made for that model. It sounds faulty to me and may be worth talking to the landlord about again.

Set is about 1/2 way between 'max' and 6. Your GOAL should be about 4°C. 0°C is for freezers, not refrigerators.

This is a case of OPERATOR ERROR.

Get a new one. There not worth fixing.

Is this actually a mini fridge or just a 'cooler'? Coolers can never be used instead of an actual fridge, they are really just for keeping already chilled stuff cool.