My son 3 years old will not say he wants to pee at all, instead, I am the one who ask him if he wants to go to the toilet?

My son 3 years old will not say he wants to pee at all, instead, I am the one who ask him (every 2/3 hours) if he wants to go to the toilet.

I want him to be the one who says I want to pee, is that possible at this age?

(We started toilet training for him 20 days ago)

Regarding poop, after each meal and when he is ready to poop he start looking for a place to hide in and he will start pooping in his briefs, I think he is afraid of pooping in bathroom.

My kids had those rings for the toilet,and my grandkids had those little potty chairs, and yes we ask them if they wanted to pre or poop,after a boy 10 minutes of drinking or eating something.

• Jill

Just be vigilant and consistent. Some kids take longer to get it. Reward him when he gets it right.

I don't know if you are using a potty, something else or lifting him onto the toilet yourself but I bought a child seat that fitted over the rim of the toilet. It had a step and handles he could hold so he wouldn't be afraid of falling in. I think it gave him confidence because he could use it without any help.