What would you do if you had a young female relative in your home that was causing poltergeist type activity to occur?

I would document it in a repeatable scientific way, publish it in a peer reviewed scientific journal, and win a Nobel Prize in physics.

I’ve never experienced Poltergeist activity so it’s hard to say exactly what I would do. By all accounts Poltergeist activity follows the individual and is not fixed to a single location as in say a traditional haunting, so moving the person to another location wouldn’t really help. In more extreme cases, Poltergeist activity has been said to be quite extreme, involving scratching, throwing of objects and even possession. This is not the usual subtle activity of ghosts. On the positive side Poltergeist activity doesn’t seem to last that long. Usually months or weeks, building up then fading away.

One thing for certain is that people can’t study Poltergeist activity like they could in the past due to child protection and social services. There will never be another Enfield case where investigators, and the press could follow a child’s progress. I suspect medication and psychological studies would be used to suppress anything potentially psychic

• Tom

Already did. When my younger sister hit adolescence, Things started to go on in the house.----Now mind you this was some years before I began my Paranormal studies, and had never heard of this association with Poltergeists.

We(the whole family) would hear "Hard object" Knocking on the walls between closets in the bedrooms that would go on for almost a minute or so, and also knocking on the wall between the living room and kitchen. We would walk right up to it to examine it in progress. Once, objects flew off the mantle (like my model ship) as My sister walked by.---- I saw it happen, the consensus being a "Ghost" had thrown it at her. ----I hollered at her for breaking my model, but , I saw it HOP OFF the mantle, zip past the back of her head, and land on the floor some four feet away.

Years later, my research told me This was "Poltergeist" activity, and associated with adolescent or "disturbed" young girls or mentally ill adults.. My sister was the right age and also a bit neurotic.---Then I was able to put the pieces together.

IMHO we may be dealing with unconscious Psychokinesis emanating from the person in question. Likely based on some kind of Quantum entanglement thing that causes objects to change position based on affecting certain wave attributes of matter that determine POSITION in space in our 3D universe.

• Mr. P

Depends if she was a good looking female relative. Maybe try and re-enact the scene from the Exorcist where her head spins around. That would be fun.

• KennyB

I would recognize that poltergeists belong to the realm of fiction and imagination.

• English Guy6 months agoReport

The first Poltergeist was actually an infestation of squirrels, strange noises could be heard and Herman knew that there were probably critters in the attic but he also knew that his wife Gerda was terrified of vermin, so he told her not to worry it was probably just ghosts.

• Dr. NG

What I wouldn't do is find some way to hurt the poor girl with reference to her hygiene or unattractiveness. I'd try to help, by figuring out why she was acting out. Explaining to her that I am not fooled by her "poltergeist" activity and how silly the whole idea is. Introducing her to Critical Thinking would be a good step. It may help with all her problems.

I think I would try aromatherapy first, there are a lot of herbs such as lavender and valerian that have a very calming effect.

Wait until the shrooms have stopped messing with my brain

I would kick her to the curb and made sure she stayed there until trash collection day.

*sigh* Well that might be possible because of a few relatives of mine. We recently lost a relative that I know of too and the other is a late relative who passed on pretty young. I might try to talk with her. Like I remember doing when I remember she passed. I had a certain way of coping when she passed away. I put her in my mind at the last place I seen her before she left. So in my mind she was safe there at home and i would talk with her. In my mind I just had not visited her at home yet. At least not living body but mentally I have. Like the dream i had of her. I went to visit her. we talked at her home and it was fun and we were about to go out for a drive and we pushed the small red wagon, like when we helped her move. Or pushed the kids in. A lot of us miss her.