What does it mean postage due?

I have postage due because I bought a item on ebay with free shipping and now post office wants me to pay 22.70 for shipping for it to be delivered but my shipping was included and I paid online .How come I owe the whole thing and the seller said he paid part of the bill makes no sense. Can anyone explain this

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

The post office figured out that the total shipping cost is more than what the seller paid.

• 4 months ago

Take up a dispute with eBay if the seller doesn’t ship it back to you paid.

• 4 months ago

its been paid for the transaction has cleared it went from cali to fl in 6 days and then I get anotice must pay postage or else cant receive item. 22.70? When on ebay it stated free shipping how can I get the bill and not the sender?

• American Atheist
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

you should comment on peoples answers and not answer your own question in response to their answers

• 4 months ago

sounds like the seller didn't pay for the shipping and shipped it COD, you can get ebay involved in this and get the seller to give your money back

• amanda4 months agoReport

what is COd cash on deliver and how does that even work wouldn't I be contacted before they do that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

You are not obligated to pay a dime. If not, they will return it to sender. It was either a scammer or a mistake or something. I would not pay it.

The seller can then pay the postage and resend or you can open a case with ebay for a refund. Message the seller and ask what is going on. But do not pay it, tell them to return it to the sender.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.