Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 6 months ago

Why do people keep making comments on here about PAPER bags replacing plastic bags. A lot of it is cloth bags replacing plastic bags in NZ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Cloth bags are germy. They need washed every time you use them. I bought 3 of them and they're tossed in the trunk of my car. I never bother with them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

How nice for you in NZ that cloth bags are coming into use! But in other countries, cloth bags are not as commonly made available as paper and plastic bags are, because the paper and plastic ones are cheap to make and distribute.

• F
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Reusing is far more effective than recycling which in a lot of cases is just a "seen to be green" exercise. Paper bags are not the answer, they cannot be reused, they consume trees (which are probably our best defence against climate change) and transport costs and fuel to get them to the shops, outweighs any "green" advantages over plastics.

• Alex
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

There are some wonderful stores that want people to bring their own bags and some use cloth bags. When I get plastic bags from the store I use them to put my garbage in so nothing is wasted as much as possible. New Zealand is in the UK and they are very environmentally conscious and is a good idea to be nice to English people because they are very smart. The United States should follow some of their fine examples.

• ...Show all comments
    • TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Kid used to always talk like the British apart from some Maori words when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s but now they talk like Americans half the time not in terms of accent of course but in terms of slang etc... that surprised me with my kids. My parents were actually US Americans who moved here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Nobody cares what happens in NZ, unless Peter Jackson is making another film.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because we exercise the right of free speech

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.