Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 11 months ago

Would the death penalty be a deterrent child molestation?

Give anyone charged with child molestation the right to choose any lawyer from their state at taxpayer expense and if they're found guilty - the penalty is death. (Maybe one appeal, maybe not)

• humpty
    Favorite Answer

The death penalty doesn't deter murder, does it? Why would it be different for sexual predators? In fact, it would encourage the molester to kill the child and remove the witness, so it might lead to more deaths.

It would also lead to the falsely accused being murdered. I think we could consider mandatory life sentences for repeat offenders, though. Some remote island where there are no children and escape is impossibly difficult. If we put them in Alaska, out in the Aleutians, their only escape route would take them to Russia, and they wouldn't be our problem any more.

• Zirp

No. Countries with the death penalty don't have lower crime-rates than those without

It would "Deter" the Hell out of the ones found guilty.

They nearly get it..their lives r so endangered behind bars that they only get one hour a day out of their cell, isolated

It would be for rapists.....

I doubt it. People do things like that BECAUSE it's wrong. It'd probably exacerbate the problem. Pedos would start killing the children they molest. I think they should have all their limbs amputated and be tattooed with a star of David or a purple triangle on their foreheads. Also, neighbors to a sex offender should get to legally beat them up once. Discrimination against pedophiles should not only be legal, but the norm. I don't think they should be killed, just tortured, ostracized, and disabled.

• Daddio

I don't believe they are considering any consequences during the act

In my view as an attorney and someone who is pro capital punishment the death penalty is about justice not deterring crime. The Government cannot control people's behavior.