Did humans used to have more than two nipples?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

i have two big pepperoni ones now.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

We have nonhuman ancestors that probably had more nipples but that was probably somewhere earlier than 30 million years ago.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Nope. Apes have two. It's related to # of offspring. Mammals that birth multiple offspring at once have more nipples (like a cat/dog).

Source(s): edit: it is a common harmless mutation to have a third nipple tho. It's not harmful.
  • JASON
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

I have two extra bumps a few inches below my nipples.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

No. The extra nipples became redundant a long time ago. The primates and subsequently the great apes lineage doesn't have a "litter" of children since our very early ancestors. A typical human birth is 1 baby at a time.

• 1 year ago

Not many full body remains of ancestral humans, so impossible to declare with total certainty, but given that almost all existing primates have only the two, it seems safe to say that yes, humans have always had that number and descend from a common ancestor primate with that limit.

• Dixon
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Not humans but our ancestors going way back were tree climbing creatures rather like lemurs, which I suspect had multiple nipples. Many women have vestigial nubbins in the stomach area or lower that are usually taken as moles but which are on the line where multiple nipples would be.

• 1 year ago

Yes. Look at statues and paintings of fertility goddesses from around the world.

• Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

those are fictitious characters

• 1 year ago

Some still do.....

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

no, no apes (humans are apes) have more then two

• SumDude
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

killjoy. btw, there is a medical condition where some people do have a third nipple.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.